Why is summer better for mental health? The increased sun exposure boosts our vitamin D levels, and can even improve mood, leading to better mental health. Spending time in the sun also helps your body produce more melatonin (sleep hormone) at night, allowing you to sleep better and overall feel better.
What are 15 things you can do daily to improve your mental health?
- Take care of your body. Physical well-being contributes to mental well-being.
- Maintain a peaceful mind. It’s equally important to keep your mind healthy.
- Get quality sleep.
- Practice self-love.
- Write things down.
- Be social.
- Pay it forward.
- Go off the grid.
How does summer affect mental health? There are also some serious mental health issues that result from the heat. This is evidenced by the fact that there is an increase in psychiatric hospitalizations during the summer months, an increase in suicide attempts, acts of violence, increased irritable and anger.
What are the 10 ways to enhance your mental health?
- Make social connection — especially face-to-face — a priority.
- Stay active.
- Talk to someone.
- Appeal to your senses.
- Take up a relaxation practice.
- Make leisure and contemplation a priority.
- Eat a brain-healthy diet to support strong mental health.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.