Table of Contents
What are the four steps to improve population health?
- Step one: Optimize network management. Most organizations don’t have the luxury of groups like WESTMED, which is.
- Step two: Manage care transitions.
- Step three: Invest in in-home intervention.
- Step four: Expand chronic disease management to the full.
What does improving population health really mean? An approach aimed at improving the health of an entire population. It is about improving the physical and mental health outcomes and wellbeing of people within and across a defined local, regional or national population, while reducing health inequalities.
How do you improve the health of the community?
- Start Being Healthy at Work.
- Volunteer at a Local Social Services Organization.
- Encourage Carpooling and the Use of Public Transit.
- Pursue a Public Health Career.
What is a population health strategy? Population health management (PHM) strategies help organizations achieve sustainable outcomes improvement by guiding transformation across the continuum of care, versus focusing improvement resources on limited populations and acute care.