Table of Contents
How has the ACA improved mental health care? After the Affordable Care Act
The ACA also guaranteed access to mental health services within individual, small-group (fully insured), and Medicaid expansion plans by mandating that they cover 10 essential health benefits, including mental health and prescription drugs.
What is the role of ACA in Mental Health Parity? The ACA extended the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) to individual and small group plans. As a result, mental health and substance use services must be covered at parity with other medical services.
How does the Mental Health Parity Act of 2008 improve mental health? The Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA) is a federal law that generally prevents group health plans and health insurance issuers that provide mental health or substance use disorder (MH/SUD) benefits from imposing less favorable benefit limitations on those
What should the government do to improve access to mental health care in the United States?
- From Mental Institutions to Prisons.
- Increase Mental Health Care Funding.
- Provide Better Care and Services in Jails and Prisons.
- Create More Community Centers and Inpatient Facilities.
- Provide Compassionate Care and Support.
- We’re All Responsible for Mental Health Care.