How can men increase good cholesterol?
- Get active. Physical activity can boost your HDL level.
- Lose extra weight. If you’re overweight, losing extra pounds can help raise your HDL levels, as well as cut your LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels.
- Choose better fats.
- Alcohol in moderation.
- Stop smoking.
How can I help my husband lower his cholesterol? It is also important to increase the amount of soluble fiber you eat. This form of fiber, found in oatmeal, kidney beans, and apples, for example, helps remove LDL from the body. Lose weight. If you are overweight or obese, losing even just a few pounds can help lower your cholesterol levels.
What causes high cholesterol in males? an unhealthy diet – in particular, eating high levels of saturated fat. smoking – a chemical called acrolin, found in cigarettes, stops HDL transporting cholesterol from fatty deposits to the liver, leading to narrowing of the arteries (atherosclerosis) having diabetes or high blood pressure (hypertension)
How can I fix my cholesterol fast?
- Focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans.
- Be mindful of fat intake.
- Eat more plant sources of protein.
- Eat fewer refined grains, such as white flour.
- Get moving.