Table of Contents
How do crafts promote health and wellness? The benefits range from the obvious stress relief and outlet for creative expression to improving brain productivity, enhancing self-esteem, and even lowering your blood pressure.
How crafts can help mental health?
- Provide relaxation.
- Relief from stress.
- Instil patients with a sense of accomplishment.
- Reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Distance patient from negative thoughts.
- Enhance feelings of confidence.
- Improve cognitive abilities.
- Increase social skills and interactions.
How can crafting reduce stress?
Crafting for stress relief
- Improved hand-eye coordination.
- A sense of accomplishment.
- Distraction from worries.
- Relaxation and lowering of blood pressure.
How are crafts therapeutic? Another study indicates that art allows people to forget about their condition for a while, allowing them to focus on the positive things in their life. Being wholly focused on a craft project can have an effect similar to meditation, which research suggests can help in the management of anxiety and depression.