What is the fastest way to improve heart health? Examples: Brisk walking, running, swimming, cycling, playing tennis and jumping rope. Heart-pumping aerobic exercise is the kind that doctors have in mind when they recommend at least 150 minutes per week of moderate activity.
How can I make my heart healthy again?
- Eat healthy.
- Get active.
- Stay at a healthy weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation.
- Manage stress.
Can you repair your heart naturally? “You can’t cure heart disease, but you can slow its progression.” Ornish agrees that if you’re just trying to slow heart disease, you might have more freedom with your diet.
What foods help repair your heart?
- Leafy green vegetables. Leafy green vegetables like spinach, kale, and collard greens are well known for their wealth of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Whole grains.
- Fatty fish and fish oil.
- Dark chocolate.