Table of Contents
What are 2 ways you can support this client to improve their oral health? Encourage the client to remove dentures after each meal and rinse their mouth and denture with water. Alternatively encourage drinking water after meals to help keep the mouth clean. Brush dentures morning and night. Encourage the client to remove dentures overnight to rest the gums.
How do you improve oral health?
- Drink fluoridated water and brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- Practice good oral hygiene.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year, even if you have no natural teeth or have dentures.
- Do not use any tobacco products.
- Limit alcoholic drinks.
- If you have diabetes, work to maintain control of the disease.
What are the best practices to prevent dental problems? Good oral hygiene practices consist of brushing regularly with a fluoride-containing toothpaste, flossing once daily, rinsing once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash, and seeing your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning.
What are 5 ways to prevent dental issues?
- Keep Up with Brushing and Flossing.
- Visit Brock and Casas Every Six Months.
- Fluoride Treatments and Sealants.
- Eat Less Sugar and More Fiber.
- Educate Your Children About Oral Health.
- Want More Advice?