How do I improve my mental health?
- Make social connection — especially face-to-face — a priority.
- Stay active.
- Talk to someone.
- Appeal to your senses.
- Take up a relaxation practice.
- Make leisure and contemplation a priority.
- Eat a brain-healthy diet to support strong mental health.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.
What are 6 ways to boost your mental health?
- Take care of yourself. Take care of yourself by managing your stress levels, getting enough sleep, staying active and eating healthy.
- Connect with others.
- Learn a new skill.
- Talk to your kids.
- Practice gratitude.
- Revisit an old hobby.
What are 7 behaviors for improving mental health? In my work as a psychiatrist and researcher, I have identified seven behaviors that contribute to quality mental health: activity, defense mechanisms, social connection, regulation, human specific cognition, self-acceptance and adaptability.
What are positive mental habits? Talk – Talk openly to close friends or family about how you are feeling and what you might be thinking. Staying present – Use some mindfulness exercises to try and connect you to the present moment. Coping skills – Be proactive with your mental health.