Table of Contents
How do black people moisturize their scalp?
- 1 Wash your hair once a week at most.
- 2 Put oil on your scalp before shampooing.
- 3 Use an anti-itch shampoo to moisturize your scalp.
- 4 Try a clarifying shampoo to remove product buildup.
- 5 Try a hot oil treatment twice a month.
- 6 Hydrate your scalp with a serum.
How do you treat black scalp hair? We recommend washing your scalp every 7-10 days with a gentle sulphate free shampoo. Focus on massaging the shampoo into your scalp with a gentle circular movement to dislodge dirt and encourage blood flow to the scalp. A clean and stimulated scalp allows for optimum hair growth.
What causes poor scalp health? Issues such as hormonal changes, stress, illness or diet allow bacteria to multiply and this can lead to excessive shedding or infection. Other causes of dandruff can be poor hygiene, infrequent shampooing, and the consumption of too many dairy products, fatty, salty or sugary foods.
How do you get a healthy black scalp?