How could you improve the quality of the air and environment? Usually the most effective way to improve indoor air quality is to eliminate individual sources of pollution or to reduce their emissions. Some sources, like those that contain asbestos, can be sealed or enclosed; others, like gas stoves, can be adjusted to decrease the amount of emissions.
What are 3 things that can be done to improve the air quality of your home?
- Change your AC filter.
- Don’t forget about other air filters.
- Check your air ducts.
- Use cooking vents.
- Keep your rugs and carpets clean.
- Control humidity in your home.
- Buy indoor plants to freshen the air.
How can you prevent air pollution and keep your resources clean and safe to breath?
- Walk, bike, carpool, or take public transit.
- Reduce heating needs by making your house more energy efficient.
- Say no to wood fire burning.
- Use hand-powered or battery-operated garden tools.
- Know before you go.
What are 5 things you can do at home to reduce your impact on air quality?
- Avoid smoking indoors (but quitting smoking is the best answer for overall health).
- Use craft supplies in well-ventilated areas.
- Make sure your gas stove is well-ventilated.
- Minimize clutter.
- Remove carpeting if possible.
- Use a dehumidifier and/or air conditioner to reduce moisture.