Table of Contents
How can technology improve quality of care in less developed countries? Technology can make a major impact on healthcare in developing countries. Mobile technology can help countries in underdeveloped areas advance the design of administrative systems in healthcare. Moving away from paperwork makes record keeping and transmission easier.
How can we improve the health status of our country?
- Encouraging innovation and manufacturing (of medical devices) within the country.
- Spending more on medical research.
- Improving medical, nursing and technical education as well as upskilling of existing manpower.
- International collaborations.
What are health problems people in less developed countries face? While developing countries have the following characteristics lower education rate, high levels of birth rates, death rates and high infant mortality rates, poor infrastructure, weak governments and poor access to health care.
What are the possible solutions to these factors to improve the health of the population?
- Chagas disease control.
- Diarrheal treatment.
- Guinea worm eradication.
- Family planning.
- Hib vaccination.
- HIV/AIDS prevention.
- Health improvement of the poor using financial incentives.
- Maternal health.