What are 4 strategies to enhance mental health?
- Make social connection — especially face-to-face — a priority.
- Stay active.
- Talk to someone.
- Appeal to your senses.
- Take up a relaxation practice.
- Make leisure and contemplation a priority.
- Eat a brain-healthy diet to support strong mental health.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.
What are 3 different ways that you can treat combat mental illnesses?
- Psychotherapy. Psychotherapy is the therapeutic treatment of mental illness provided by a trained mental health professional.
- Medication. Medication does not outright cure mental illness.
- Support Group.
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine.
- Self Help Plan.
- Peer Support.
What is the most common mental illness in the military? The three most common mental health concerns for veterans are Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Learn more about these mental health concerns below. What is PTSD? Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD, is a common mental health disorder among veterans.
Why is mental health important for military? Mental Health Matters in the Military. Just as physical fitness is a central part of military life, good mental health is as important for your well-being, and military and family readiness. Mental health challenges and issues shouldn’t be ignored or hidden.