How could we improve healthcare?
- Collect Data and Analyze Patient Outcomes. If you can’t measure it, then you can’t manage it.
- Set Goals and Commit to Ongoing Evaluation.
- Improve Access to Care.
- Focus on Patient Engagement.
- Connect and Collaborate With Other Organizations.
How can the healthcare environment be improved?
- Foster a culture of friendliness.
- Implement and enforce hospital policies that benefit patients.
- Keep hospital spaces clean and safe.
- Include patients in the hospital design process.
Why do we need to improve healthcare? Overall improving the quality and performance in the healthcare environment can help providers with reliable, cost-effective and sustained healthcare processes and enable them to achieve their goal of improving care delivery and enhancing patient outcomes.
What areas of healthcare need improvement?
- Care coordination (cross-cutting)
- Self-management/health literacy (cross-cutting)
- Chronic conditions.
- End of life with advanced organ system failure.
- Medication management. – Medication errors. – Overuse of antibiotics.