What are 4 ways to improve mental health?
- Connect with other people. Good relationships are important for your mental wellbeing.
- Be physically active. Being active is not only great for your physical health and fitness.
- Learn new skills.
- Give to others.
- Pay attention to the present moment (mindfulness)
What are the 10 ways to enhance your mental health?
- Make social connection — especially face-to-face — a priority.
- Stay active.
- Talk to someone.
- Appeal to your senses.
- Take up a relaxation practice.
- Make leisure and contemplation a priority.
- Eat a brain-healthy diet to support strong mental health.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.
How do you keep the elderly mentally engaged?
- 1 – Engage in meaningful conversations.
- 2 – Undertake craft projects or other hobbies.
- 3 – Gardening.
- 4 – Playing an instrument.
- 5 – Take part in dancing or low-impact exercise activities.
- 6 – Provide a selection of puzzles.
- 7 – Play board and card games.
- 8 – Have a baking day.
How can we improve the well being of the elderly?
- Be physically active each day.
- Calm your mind and body.
- Build social supports.
- Join a community-based life skills program.
- Help others, help yourself.
- Try counselling or talk therapy.